SyncToy 2.0 ignores certain files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm using SyncToy 2.0 with options:
    All Files Included
    No Files Excluded
    All Subfolders included
    No file attributes excluded.

Yet it ignores certain Microsft office files that have a strange icon, looks like a small clock on the bottom left corner of the old excel/word/pp or whatever office app icon. (After some searching around I think it may mean offline files or "O" attribute, not 100% sure on that one)

If I double click the file, it's still accessable and the icon will change. I'm working on a limited permissions machine for work so I cannot see the attributes tab of a file, so this is the best I can tell you.

SyncToy will ignore ALL of these kind of files when doing a sync. Does anyone know a good way to overcome this problem with synctoy? I cannot go into the 500 folders and search for these kind of files then open them one by one, as I will be 80 years old by the time I am done. I am able to do a standard copy into the HD until I can find a solution to this problem. However, manual copying of large 10G managed network folders do take 4-6 hours at a time.

Anyways, any ideas would be appreciated, I did use the search tool at the top first up and couldn't find anything. :)
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 4:10 AM

Answers

• Hi -

I am not sure from your description if these really indicated offline files. But if they are offline files - sorry SyncToy does not sync those files.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:23 AM