none
Close threads by Marking answers when users confirm that issue is resolved RRS feed

Answers

• Its always better if the user can mark them, but frequently they ask question and never return to read replies or mark them. A moderator can probably also mark them. In my experience the Microsoft contractors used to mark answers after some time has passed but they stopped doing this a few years ago. If I look at my threads currently there are > 6800 unanswered threads.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 1:56 PM
  • This guidance recommends waiting 7 days after proposing an answer (or the last reply) before a moderator should mark an answer.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1059.forum-moderation-guide-managing-posts-and-threads-marking-answers.aspx

This gives ample time for the original poster to mark an answer. This also gives the answerer more recognition points.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, October 31, 2019 2:08 PM
  • I can remember when moderators regularly marked posts as answers when the person that asked the question did not. The result was that many posts got marked as answers that should not have. It was a lousy solution.

There are no easy solutions to the problem.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Thursday, October 31, 2019 4:51 PM

All replies

• Its always better if the user can mark them, but frequently they ask question and never return to read replies or mark them. A moderator can probably also mark them. In my experience the Microsoft contractors used to mark answers after some time has passed but they stopped doing this a few years ago. If I look at my threads currently there are > 6800 unanswered threads.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 1:56 PM
  • This guidance recommends waiting 7 days after proposing an answer (or the last reply) before a moderator should mark an answer.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1059.forum-moderation-guide-managing-posts-and-threads-marking-answers.aspx

This gives ample time for the original poster to mark an answer. This also gives the answerer more recognition points.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, October 31, 2019 2:08 PM
  • I can remember when moderators regularly marked posts as answers when the person that asked the question did not. The result was that many posts got marked as answers that should not have. It was a lousy solution.

There are no easy solutions to the problem.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Thursday, October 31, 2019 4:51 PM