locked
Workflows doesn't work after moved the database to new server location in same AD RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi .

    I have problem with my workflow after I moved the database from old server to new server ( including CRM server and DB / SSRS server but still in same domain ). Everything else is working fine except the workflows. There is no error with the workflow when it is being executed though. The system job indicate it is succeeded but there is no changes in the data. It worked on old server.

    I detached the db from old sql server and move both the organization_MSCRM and MSCRM_CONFIG databases together to new server. After I restored the db to new sql server, I configure ConnectionString , sqlservername , srsurl , ADWebApplicationRootDomain and ADsdkRootDomain in MSCRM_CONFIG to use the new settings. 

    I can't use Import Organization feature from Deployment Manager due to some constraint. 

    Any idea about that?

    Thanks,

    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:51 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

     

    Found out the cause of workflow not working properly. I need to update AsyncSdkRootDomain to point to new server. After I updated the value , it is working fine. I don't know why all the system jobs indicated Succeeded when it is pointing to old server though. 

     

     
    • Marked as answer by Taphyoe Wednesday, January 18, 2012 8:47 AM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 8:47 AM

All replies

  • Hi Taphyoe,

    The connection string you mention you edited was that on the Server or on the database?

     


    Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:06 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi nrodri,

     

    We installed crm on the application server already before moving the db. So the connection string inside the registry is already pointing to new database server. The connection string that I changed is inside the MSCRM_CONFIG db which I ported over from old db server.

    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 12:39 AM
  • Hi,

     

    Found out the cause of workflow not working properly. I need to update AsyncSdkRootDomain to point to new server. After I updated the value , it is working fine. I don't know why all the system jobs indicated Succeeded when it is pointing to old server though. 

     

     
    • Marked as answer by Taphyoe Wednesday, January 18, 2012 8:47 AM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 8:47 AM