i wanna when user select a picklist value , delete some data from database. RRS feed

• Question

• hi

how to delete some record when  a pick list value change

Sunday, October 7, 2012 11:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

you can do this using the REST Endpoint in a JavaScript Web Resource. You can find useful information on how to accomplish this here and here.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as answer if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.

Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:05 PM
  • Hello,

I believe that the best way is to develop plugin which will handle Update message of entity and delete records from CRM.

Freelance Developer for Dynamics CRM 4.0/2011

Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:06 PM
  • Andrii is right, a plugin would be better. I thought you wanted to delete the record on-the-fly in the "OnChange" event of a picklist field.

Please mark this reply as answer if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.

Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:19 PM
  • hi,

If you need to DELETE on Change of PickList use JS

or 

If you have changed Picklist value and Save it,then you can use Plugin

Please don't forget to Vote and marked as answer If this post answers your question or was helpful, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Be wise

Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:56 PM
  • thank you but i dont know , how to create plugin
    Friday, October 19, 2012 3:10 PM
  • Hi,

in this case you have to get familiar with developing plugins. As Andrii already mentioned, can find useful info here. 

Once you become a little familiar with the process and you have tried to write a plugin, we can help you in case you run into any problems.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    View my latest gallery contribution here.
    Visit my blog here.

Friday, October 19, 2012 3:43 PM