retrieving photos RRS feed

• Question

• I had a problem with my computer the other day and had to start from scratch by downloading operating system, driver,

applications software and in the process I lost all of my photos on the C drive. Is there anyway possible to retrieve

these pictures??

Saturday, April 26, 2008 1:44 AM

Answers

• This is the Windows Home Server forum so probably not the place to ask your question. However, if you had a WHS and you had backed up that computer you could now easily recover those pictures.

Assuming that it isnt the case, Im afraid the chances are that those pictures are lost to you. If you have overwritten the area on the disk where the pictures were stored they will be gone. You can obtain recovery software on the Internet that might be able to help (do a search for hard drive recovery), or failing that you can pay for a professional company to attempt to recover them for you. But be aware the more you use the computer at this point, the less likely you are of recovery.

Andrew

Saturday, April 26, 2008 8:19 AM

All replies

• This is the Windows Home Server forum so probably not the place to ask your question. However, if you had a WHS and you had backed up that computer you could now easily recover those pictures.

Assuming that it isnt the case, Im afraid the chances are that those pictures are lost to you. If you have overwritten the area on the disk where the pictures were stored they will be gone. You can obtain recovery software on the Internet that might be able to help (do a search for hard drive recovery), or failing that you can pay for a professional company to attempt to recover them for you. But be aware the more you use the computer at this point, the less likely you are of recovery.

Andrew

Saturday, April 26, 2008 8:19 AM
  • Thank you for the info, I was afraid that was the case. I have learned my lesson the hard way. I was going to back up my files but never got around to it.

Saturday, April 26, 2008 9:39 PM