locked
CRM Plugin for Outlook - Configuration Error RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    Previously, my CRM Plugin for Outlook is working fine. But start from 1 week ago, the [Track in CRM] button was disabled.

    I tried to uninstall CRM Plugin, re-install it, and re-configure the URL

    Then I encountered such error.

    Anyone encountered this problem before?

    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 6:50 AM

All replies

  • Hi Are you able to access crm in web client using this ip ?
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

    Yes. I'm able to access CRM via Internet Explorer using this IP.

    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:23 AM
  • Did you try test action with your credentials added ? You can add your credentials when you click Change button under Authenticated as.

    Also try credentials of some other user to check if it is able to succeed with test connection . 

    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:53 AM
  • Hi,

    I just tried again, using other PC, the [Change] button and the "Authenticated as" was greyed out. Can't click it.

    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:58 AM
  • Any chance that you know the server name of CRM server.

    Try adding server name instead of IP.

    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:20 AM
  • Has your security role changed?  There is a privilege specifically for Outlook.

    Check the time on your workstation.  Does the time match the time on your cell phone or CRM server?  You need to be within 5 minutes.  Also, don't forget to make sure that the time zone setting on the workstation is correct.  I have seen user miss this.  It could be that the clock on the workstation was near the 5 minute limit and just slipped outside the limit last week.


    Jason Peterson

    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:00 AM
  • hi CRMDevlpr

    I tried, with IP, Hostname, FQDN. I also get the same error.

    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:27 AM
  • Hi Jason,

    I just compare the CRM server and my workstation time, it has a difference of less than 3 minutes.

    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:28 AM
  • Are you trying to sync with more than one CRM server from this client?  I have seen an issue with trying to configure the client with multiple orgs and CRM servers where the orgs were on different rollup levels.

    If this is the case, remove the other orgs and try to configure only to this one org.


    Jason Peterson

    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:47 PM
  • Hi Jason,

    In my deployment, there are 2 CRM servers, with load balancer. But there is only one CRM ORG.

    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:24 AM
  • ok.  Stupid questions here.

    1. Is the IP address from the screenshot the IP address for the load balancer or for one specific CRM server?  You should be hitting the load balancer.

    2. Is CRM set to use port 80?  The URL doesn't show a port so we are defaulting to port 80.

    3. What happens if you hit "http://<CRM Loadbalancer>/xrmservices/2011/discovery.svc " in the browser?  Do you get a page with some code on it or do you get an error?  This is the connection point the Outlook client uses to connect to CRM.  Unlike you would normally use through IE.

    4. You may also want to download fiddler and install on the client.  Then capture a trace while attempting to configure the client.  This may provide some additional information to you about what is happening.

    5. If the above fails, you may want to run a platform trace on the CRM servers and Outlook client while you attempt to configure. The CRM platform trace will show if there are any CRM permissions lacking.  The Client side should show any issues or better error messages if the issue is there.


    Jason Peterson



    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:57 AM
  • Hi Jason,

    Here's my replies to your questions.

    1. Yes. The IP address from the screenshot, is a load balancer virtual IP. We used this configuration since we rolled-out the system in Jul 2013, and it was working then. But don't know why, since 01 Feb 2014, it became not working. The only change that we did to the CRM servers was, we installed all the latest Windows Server Security Patches. 

    2. Yes, the CRM is set to use port 80.

    3. When hit the "discovery.svc' in browser, I'm able to see the web-service page.

    4. Yup, we just installed the fiddler.

    5. Noted. Thanks for the recommendation. Will try that.

    Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:37 AM