none
Your Microsoft technician corrupted the BIOS on my computer. Why will you not pay for the replacement BIOS? RRS feed

• Question

• SRX1414870101ID - Microsoft Answer Desk complaint given over the phone and by email. Neither method has been responded to as yet. I have called again and another ticket was raised  SRX1436369285ID - Microsoft Software Support - and I will continue complaining and sending you information until you compensate me for the computer stuff up which your technician caused.

My email to you (which no-one has responded to) 

Dear Sai
    Pablo spent over 4 hours trying to fix the problem. When he closed remote access there were 6 or 7 windows open. One had columns of hex code. I was unable to access my computer.
    I rebooted my computer but there was nothing. Not even the HP logo. Pablo said to call HP. After noting there were 2 regular light flashes on the caps lock they said the BIOS had been corrupted. Later they sent a quote for a new motherboard - $600
    After enquiry, it appeared that they would have to reinstall Windows which would mean losing all my data. I run a business from home. All my data is on that computer. So they suggested getting a technician to backup the hard disc.
    Tomorrow (Monday) I have to pick up the computer from a Geek company who have managed to back up most of the files. I don't know how much it will cost. Then I have to return my computer to HP in Sydney for the new motherboard, which will cost $600.
    I have been weeks without my computer.
    I'm sure Pablo did his best to try to fix my computer. I am also sure he unintentionally corrupted the BIOS. 
    Apart from the lost time, this is likely to cost me over $1000 which I will be claiming back from Microsoft. $600 Hp fix, $200 for Geeks to back up from the hard disk (which would be overwritten by installing Windows) $200 for Geeks to restore from the backup.
    The reason I called in the first place is that after your 'update' my scanner ceased to operate. Now I have no computer.

I would like to know what Microsoft intends to do about that.

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS. IS THIS THE ONLY WAY TO GET TO MICROSOFT? OR DOES THE COMPANY FEEL IT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE AND CAN DO WHAT IT LIKES?

Friday, August 10, 2018 2:30 AM