User interface on Active Sync RRS feed

• Question

• i am hooked to windows mobile since its ce versions, however this time i thought of sharing some intresting comparision :

1. the active sync program look and feel wise is extremly poor compared to one provided by symbian system phones
    2. The active sync does not allow you to take back-up of the phone data.
    3. It does not emulate the phone so as to access e-mail , contacts and SMS thru lap-top or pC.
    4. Access to usb modem is difficult and needs utilities that are at a price or are not from verfied vendor.
    5. After sync dow to file conversion problem normal files on phone cannot be accesed when explored using 'explore' option.

If active sync can be made as friendly to back-up access contents and other features like modem etc, will make life easier.

Saturday, January 16, 2010 5:58 AM

Answers

• For item 4, Windows Mobile devices have something called "Internet Connection Sharing" that will allow you to use the device as a modem. However it is not unusual for an OEM/carrier to have this application disabled or removed.
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Friday, January 29, 2010 5:11 PM
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 6:32 AM

All replies

• For item 4, Windows Mobile devices have something called "Internet Connection Sharing" that will allow you to use the device as a modem. However it is not unusual for an OEM/carrier to have this application disabled or removed.
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Friday, January 29, 2010 5:11 PM
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 6:32 AM
  • Thank you for your feedback Rahul. I have shared your comparison and suggestion with the team and am marking this as answered just for internal tracking purposes. Feel free to continue to post your ideas and we will further review. Much appreciated.
    Thank you from the Windows phone team
    http://www.WindowsPhone.com/TotalAccess
    Friday, January 29, 2010 5:13 PM
  • I have a TG01, and I think the active sync is pretty good, however the first few times I used it I was completely unaware that it was copying all the files from my computer to my phone!
    Also, now when I use it, it rarely recognises on windows media player all the files that already exist on the toshiba, and a mistake I frequently make is to put files onto the phones memory not the toshiba card memory -which is annoying. 
    Sometimes it doesn't show up as connected even though it is plugged in, sometimes disconnects itself unexpectedly and sometimes makes the program close as soon as I have opened it.
    I just think the program needs a little work.
    Also the last few times I tried to add apps, the website for the apps wouldn't load, on different computers. again. annoying.
    x
    Monday, February 1, 2010 8:02 PM