User access RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I was finally able to get my WHS up and going on my PC. I have tried to add 2 other computer as users. I added them using the WHS console, ensuring the logon name is the same as on the relivant PC. When I try open the relivant user file or shared files it askesd me for a username adn password...Any ideas

Markus

Monday, February 14, 2011 12:48 AM

All replies

• Just too add....does the Logon name have to match/be the same as  the User Account of the PC. On one of my computer the user name is "MARKUS" yet the logon name that appears on the WHS console is ACER-61A45968D3. When I try and change the properties it wont let me. The other computer I recently change the user name and when I noticed that on hte WHS console it was using the orginal name under logon i changed the PC's user name back to the origial, so it now matches..but when i try and open the user file on both these other PC's it askes me....Connecting to ASPIREHOME username adn password.
    Monday, February 14, 2011 1:06 AM
  • onee more thing...the back ups work fine on all 3 PC's
    Monday, February 14, 2011 1:14 AM
  • Been doing some more playing around.. under User accounts I have reenabled the Guest and have allowed the other useres access to all computers and all shared folders and under Shared Folders I have also selected all users to have access to all folders and I can now access all folders from all computer....which I dont want!

Markus

Monday, February 14, 2011 7:34 AM