none
Green ball missed RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Drasko,
        Sorry, I am not very clear what do you mean about "Green ball".
    But if you mean the hardware(USB stick) could not be recognized, it should be hardware and OS issues but not relative to SyncToy.
    If you mean the folder pair you created on the PC in your work place,  could not be seen on your home environment, it is true, as you need to have SyncToy application run on both of your home PC and work PC, it should be 2 individual applications, they could not share the same configuration info, including folder pairs info.

Hope this will be helpful!

Thanks,
    Ping
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, November 27, 2009 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Divic,
        "..." is the folder pairs ' name? Even though I did a try, a folder pair with such name is supported by SyncToy.
    If you could not create that folder pair, was there any exception/error info showed?

Thanks,
    Ping 
    Monday, November 23, 2009 8:46 AM
  • Hi!

Everything is working fine on one PC: I make  a new sinhro pair with folder on my
    desktop and folder on the USB stick. In that moment the folder on the Desktop
    get the "green ball" so it is very distinguished on it. That happened on my PC at work.
    (Win XP SP2 and all framework stuff).
    On my PC at home everything is the same and working except the green ball on the folder
    on my desktop chosen for synhro pair with USB stick which is not visible and because of
    that hard recognisable on the Desktop (Win XP SP2 with all framework and another of course
    graphical card).
    I was forced because of convenient work to put some another symbol on that folder.
    Any idea?

Drasko, Croatia

Monday, November 23, 2009 12:24 PM
  • Hi Drasko,
        Sorry, I am not very clear what do you mean about "Green ball".
    But if you mean the hardware(USB stick) could not be recognized, it should be hardware and OS issues but not relative to SyncToy.
    If you mean the folder pair you created on the PC in your work place,  could not be seen on your home environment, it is true, as you need to have SyncToy application run on both of your home PC and work PC, it should be 2 individual applications, they could not share the same configuration info, including folder pairs info.

Hope this will be helpful!

Thanks,
    Ping
    Friday, November 27, 2009 8:37 AM
  • Hi Ping Lu

The "green ball" is in fact the symbol of the planet on the folder which is the part of sinhro pair.
    When I make sinhro pair on my PC at job I got this symbol on the folder which are in this pair.
    But on the another PC this is not happened when you create another pair.

This symbol on the folder which is in synhro pair are because of that very distinguishable from other folders.
    But it is not created every time because it is the same like "My Computer" or "Recycle Bin" category.
    And it is created only for one pair!
    I do not know what is it but, I repeat, it is very useful.
    Thank for attention.
    Best regards!
    Drasko
    Friday, November 27, 2009 12:29 PM
  • Drasko,
         You can check if there is a file named thumb.db, it should be a system/hidden file. If there is one in your work PC, but there is no such one in your home PC/USB sticky, it can explanate your problem. SyncToy does not care this file, if you really want it, you need to manually handle it by yourself.

Hope this could be helpful!

Thanks,
    Ping
    • Proposed as answer by Ping Lu Thursday, December 10, 2009 8:03 AM
    Friday, December 4, 2009 3:10 AM