Windows 8 and Office 2013 support RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I'm trying/testing your software and I found it very interesting/useful.
    Are you planing to support Windows 8 and Office 2013 too ?

Thank you,
    Luca

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on [Vote As Help] and click on [Mark As Answer] if a post answers your question.

Thursday, May 21, 2015 3:08 PM

All replies

• It should work with Office 2013 and Windows 8 - I do know there are problems with IE where some of the sneaky things I'm doing are prevented by improved security features in the browser but, as far as I'm aware, the rest works. Is there something in particular that isn't behaving as expected for you?
    Friday, May 22, 2015 5:46 AM
  • Hello Gavin,
    most of the time bottom bar is not shown correctly (see screenshot below).
    I give more information in case they could be useful:  Windows 8.1 (notebook) with 23 inches monitor connected; Intel HD Graphics 4600 (1920x1080 res.).

Project Colletta Deskbar

Bye,
    Luca

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on [Vote As Help] and click on [Mark As Answer] if a post answers your question.

Friday, May 22, 2015 10:17 AM
  • I think this is a manifestation of the IE problem I mentioned earlier. The process that displays the web page is sandboxed from the rest of the system (to make it harder for malware to escape) and this often prevents my IE add-in from communicating with the main Project Colletta executable much of the time (resulting in no docbar), and I'm afraid I don't have a solution. There's also a problem where only one docbar can be displayed for one document path/URL, which crops up when you have, say, the same URL open in two browser windows. This particular issue also occurs with Outlook since a view of some email within the preview pane is detected as the same as that email in its own window.
    Friday, May 22, 2015 12:24 PM
  • Hello Gavin,
    I'm sorry but the same behavior occurs with IE closed and Word 2013 or Outlook 2013 opened. Is that for the same reason (some parts of them "are connected to" IE) ?

Bye,
    Luca

Friday, May 22, 2015 12:40 PM
  • That is unexpected... The IE permissions issue affects only IE, though the duplicate document windows thing affects all applications - however, a docbar should appear for one of those duplicate windows. Word (as well as Excel and PowerPoint) interaction does not involve an add-in and should just work by the main application detecting the presence of those windows. A few questions: is your machine fully up to date with Windows Update? Are you using 32 or 64 bit Office (I've only tested with 32 bit and don't think it will work with 64 bit applications)? Are the documents you're working with stored locally or, eg, on SharePoint? I've done much more testing with local files and can't remember how fleshed out handling of other locations is. The situation is different again for Outlook - there is an add-in, so please check that it hasn't been disabled. There is an awkward dance with regard to the order of starting Project Colletta and Outlook - in one order, the main window (ie, preview pane) doesn't get a docbar some of the time - I can't remember which way round it goes, so it might be worth experimenting with that.
    Monday, May 25, 2015 11:54 AM