CRM2013: Server-Side Synch Test Mailbox Errors RRS feed

• Question

• I've been tried to implement the Server-Side Synch facility on my CRM On-Premise box to my Exchange On-Premise box but I keep hitting a problem that proving difficult to troubleshoot. 

>Exception occurred while retrieving folder data from exchange server. Exception: Unhandled Exception: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.EndSend(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Object& internalAsyncState, Stream& responseStream) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.EmailConnector.ExchangeServiceBinding.EndFindItem(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.EmailConnector.FindItemsStep.EndCall() at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.EmailConnector.ExchangeIncomingEmailProviderStep.EndOperation() Inner Exception: System.IO.IOException: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format. at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

The mailbox test keeps failing with the "Handshake failed due to unexpected packet format". Does anybody know how to resolve this?

Our CRM deployment is using HTTPS protocol and its IFD and ADFS enabled for remote web access. We have proper signed certificates for the CRM box and Exchange box installed. I've read some articles about internal and external addresses being an issue if IFD is enabled, which we do have, but I'm not sure what to check next?

Any pointers

Steve

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 5:56 PM

Answers

• Hey Steve,

Please check if you find this useful.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/35d0d53a-14e6-4471-8dad-7cd01766b36d/the-handshake-failed-due-to-an-unexpected-packet-format?forum=winserverwsus

Regards

Abhishek

• Marked as answer by lemonje Saturday, March 14, 2015 2:03 PM
    Saturday, March 14, 2015 5:03 AM

All replies

• Hey Steve,

Please check if you find this useful.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/35d0d53a-14e6-4471-8dad-7cd01766b36d/the-handshake-failed-due-to-an-unexpected-packet-format?forum=winserverwsus

Regards

Abhishek

• Marked as answer by lemonje Saturday, March 14, 2015 2:03 PM
    Saturday, March 14, 2015 5:03 AM
  • Many thanks for the link... That problem resolved to be replaced by another. Problem was Port number incorrect and not bound to SSL/TLS.
    Saturday, March 14, 2015 2:03 PM