From beta whs to reinstall whs powerpack 1 ... a question about whiist in the shared folders RRS feed

• Question

•  

Ok... so I was running the beta whs  with 2 - 750's and 2 - 400's as storage and a 500 not as storage. Connected to 1 vista ultimate, 1 xp pro, 1 xp home on a laptop,  1 xp media center, and a netgear eva8000 digital entertainer box.

I was happy to see I could keep the shared folders and backups and choose reinstall when installing powerpack 1 ... I wasn't looking forward to moving all those files over again.

Losing the settings was no big deal and so far ... knock wood ... everything is running as expected.

So I guess this isn't really a question about the beta ... but I had set up whiist addin for some picture web pages ... just testing in out ... and their locations were all in the shared folders ... typically the folder containing the pictures the web page referenced. The web page settings and whiist addin were obviously removed with the reinstall ... but the web page files surely remain in the shared folders.

Any suggestions for reusing those already created files ...or do I need to find them in the shared folders and delete them and redo them completely in whiist?

Thursday, June 12, 2008 1:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Todd,

You should be able to just use Whiist to create new websites that point to the existing shares. Whiist doesn't actually create any content, aside from some placeholder files and the ASP code for the photo gallery.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Monday, June 16, 2008 4:50 AM

All replies

• (Moved to developer's forum)

I would contast the author of whiist with that question; it's not related to PP1.
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 4:23 AM
  • Hi Todd,

You should be able to just use Whiist to create new websites that point to the existing shares. Whiist doesn't actually create any content, aside from some placeholder files and the ASP code for the photo gallery.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Monday, June 16, 2008 4:50 AM