Microsoft Sync Framework Change Detection Only RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All - 

I am working with the Microsoft Sync Framework version 2.1 in C# and am trying to do what I believe to be a simple task. I would like to use the framework to detect changes to a folder full of files since the last run. I do not need to synchronize/replicate the folder to any destination, I merely want to know which files were added, modified, and removed since the last run. I believe the metadata file associated with the FileSyncProvider keeps track of this data, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to collect the changes, as all examples I have found show how to synchronize between two directories.

Is there a way to get just the list of changes? Do I need to use the GetChangeBatch() method? If so could you please provide an example? Any guidance is appreciated.

Best,
    Brett 

Saturday, November 5, 2016 1:29 PM

All replies

• Hey Brett,

Did you figure out any solution for your problem. If yes, Can you please help me. I'm in same kind of situation and have same questions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Monday, January 9, 2017 4:24 PM
  • Did you find the solution to your problem, I am also stuck in finding the same solution. 

Any help is appreciated.

Friday, October 13, 2017 12:59 PM