File and Folder Permission Issues RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm having issues creating a new folder via any of my user accounts in Windows Home Server 2011 via remote web access, dashboard, or logging onto the server with administrator account (although I don't even think I'm supposed to do that because I think you're supposed to do everything with dashboard). When I try to create a new folder in one of the shared folders I get access denied. When I try and create I get the following message:

I look at my user sharing settings and it's full control and I've tried multiple accounts all with full control. Any suggestions how to troubleshoot further?

Rick

• Changed type Andy Qi Sunday, September 22, 2013 7:21 AM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 9:20 PM

All replies

• If you have a homegroup configured, try turning it off. Homegroup security trumps everything else...

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:48 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Ken.

At one point I did have homegroup turned on but I turned it off after seeing people post that it was causing some problems. I turned it off on my WHS 2011 a while ago and verified it was not on in the dashboard. It was on my windows 8 client and I turned it off just now. I'll reboot both and see if it helps but I'm not hopeful as it wasn't on my WHS and I have trouble creating a new folder within a share across all devices and remote access.

Rick

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 2:27 AM
  • I started thinking more about how Homegroups could trump everything else and was hopeful that turning it on may help solve the problem but I received this error trying to turn it on:

I'll try some of these things but not hopeful they will work either.

Rick

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:46 PM