Network Adaptor Teams RRS feed

• Question

• I Have a Gigabyte server that I'm using for testing and it has two Intel Pro/100+ Network adaptors in it. If I set these up as a Virtual team I.e. so they share a single IP address and apear as one adaptor to the OS to maximise the bandwidth for backups etc then WHS blue screens about 15-20 seonds after the login appears. tracing the start up in the event logs this looks to be about the time that some of the specific WHS services are trying to start.

If I boot into safemode with networking then everything works fine and the Adaptor team functions as expected althougth WHS services are blocked from starting in safe mode.

Has anyone got WHS working with a Vitual Network Team?

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:58 PM

Answers

• I am using a Intel PRO/1000 MT Dual Port Server Adapter with the ports teamed and I'm not seeing any issues.  I am also using the latest PROset drivers.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:48 PM

All replies

• I am using a Intel PRO/1000 MT Dual Port Server Adapter with the ports teamed and I'm not seeing any issues.  I am also using the latest PROset drivers.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:48 PM
  • Reinstalled WHS and the network team is now up and running fine.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 7:59 PM
  • I couldn't get my system to allow the team to work. I would get what the other guy described, BSOD and reboots, or the team simply would not appear yet the gigabit adapters would show they are in a team.

I'm using a SE7501CW2 Intel board with dual Xeon 2.4ghz HT chips, 1GB ECC ram, it has onboard 100 and 1000MT connections, but also I have a PCI-X pro 1000MT card installed.

Friday, June 8, 2007 1:35 AM