Loaned out my computer to son, once I got it back it's all fried! RRS feed

• Question

• Well I loaned out my computer to my son for online classes for several months, & once I got it back it was totally a mess! Half the needed files were missing, causing me to freak. There was no hope in restoring it without reinstalling the OS. The only problem is that  it has been quite awhile since I've had to use the disk, that in several moves I seemed to have lost the product key. Of course being unemployed at this time I can't afford to just go buy a new copy, leaving me in a hard place not being able to activate my windows. This is causing so much problems, plus for some reason it doesn't seem to have all the files needed, I try to update my computer but it says error & won't even let me know if I have any needed updates. What do I do? Plus I have no clue where to find the Windows Activation Wizard! Can someone please help me, I can't go much longer without activating my windows cause my time limit is almost up, & without being able to use my computer I won't be able to do my work or pay my bills.

Please help me,

Desperately over stressed, & quarantee I will never loan out my computer again, sorry kids but it ain't worth it.

Mrs. Batson

Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:10 AM

Answers