WebFolders4WHS Add-in Broken After February 13 Automatic Update of WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Prior to the February 13 WHS update, the WebFoldersShare was working normally allowing remote access using Windows Explorer.

After the update, creating a WebFoldersShare results in a certificate security alert of "The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the site".  Upon proceeding, the WebFoldersShare folder structure is displayed but am unable to read most of the files.

In all shared folders but Websites, a left click does not open a folder but a right click followed by selecting Open returns a new Windows Explorer window displaying subfolders/files.  Right click of a file followed by selecting Open/Play opens the application associated with the file extension (e.g., Adobe Elements for .jpg) but does not return the file.  Results are the same in the Websites folder except upon navigating as described above, upon getting to an Index file, the file is returned followed by a complete play of a photo gallery.

Is this behavior a certificate issue, a permissions issue?

Doug Speer

Monday, February 18, 2008 10:27 PM

All replies

• This is an update to my February 18 Post:

First, the February 13 updates were Windows Server 2003 updates, not Windows Home Server.  Second, I am considering removing the updates to confirm they are the cause.  Third, is the Add or Remove Programs function the proper way to remove the updates?

Thanks.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:59 PM
  • I have also noticed a couple of changes in my add-in's behavior since the updates. For example, since the updates the SERVER box no longer appears in the client list in the TiVo add-ins.

Rob

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 11:51 PM