IFD for customer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

My customer want to involve by submitting case on CRM 2011, I've already publish CRM using TMG.

I want my customer only see their cases not other customer cases, is it enough to prevent by using Security Roles ? What is the best practice by implementing IFD and client based auth for customer ? If I enable it, do I have to create dedicated user for my customer at my AD ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Krisna Ismayanto | My blogs: Krisna Ismayanto | Twitter: @ikrisna

Monday, February 20, 2012 2:19 AM

All replies

• There are two parts to your question:

• Submitting cases and
    • Viewing cases in CRM

For submitting cases are you thinking of allowing your customer to use the CRM web application? If so, then they must have a dedicated user account in your AD and you can use security roles to restrict access to their own cases (configure the privilege depth to user level in the role) for viewing cases.

If you are thinking of exposting access to CRM via a web portal then generally the portal accesses CRM using a dedicated account and the portal software has to manage security. This may be a better method to provide access but it will require much more work to set up. There are ISVs who sell portal applications for CRM.

Monday, February 20, 2012 9:06 AM
  • Hi,

Correct, is there any recommendation for security roles for customer that have to be assign ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Krisna Ismayanto | My blogs: Krisna Ismayanto | Twitter: @ikrisna

Monday, February 20, 2012 9:10 AM
  • There is no recommendation, as it depends entirely on what you want the customer to be able to do.

I would copy one of the existing security roles and then change the role to match what you need your customer to be able to do. Exposing access to your CRM system is a significant step, so you must make sure you have a thorough understanding of how CRM security roles work so you can configure them the way you need.

Monday, February 20, 2012 9:13 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you to deploy customer portal for your CRM.

Then your clients can login to the portal and they can view their account details, cases, order invoice which is related to that particular account.

Regards,

Khaja Mohiddin|||||http://www.dynamicsexchange.com/

Monday, February 20, 2012 3:45 PM