none
Can't Download anything to my Laptop :( RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I am at my ends wits!!

For the life of me I can't seem to find out why I can't download any antivirus software to my laptop, or download and open/save any attachments from email etc...any changes I try to make to my security systems by turning on firewall or MSSC it says I can't?? when I try to download an antivirus program it says it contained a virus and was deleted?? anyone help please!!

When trying to change my firewall and to use recommended settings/turn it on it comes up with Error Code 0x80070422

Sunday, June 30, 2013 12:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Maybe you should see if you can find any info from doing a search. This forum is for VB.NET programing questions.

Search

Sunday, June 30, 2013 1:10 PM
  • thanks! not having much luck with anything tonight!! lol did a search and it bought me here to this blog so figured i'd ask away.
    Sunday, June 30, 2013 1:15 PM
  • Try rebooting and making your computer stop the boot so you can make it boot in safe mode (or whatever it is) with networking.

On my computer, after you tell it to reboot, it will boot up and as soon as the screen goes from saying something (can't remember what it says on boot) to black press F8. That should stop it and a display should come up asking you how you want to boot.

Then your firewall will not be installed, I believe, since it will not run in safe mode I don't think.

You've taught me everything I know but not everything you know. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ This search engine is for MSDN Library and has many features. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Search/en-US?query=search%20msdn%20library&beta=0&ac=8

Sunday, June 30, 2013 3:15 PM
  • Check the services are automatic or start for the firewall, windows defender, automatic updates ...  It sounds like you made some changes to services or the registry recently.

Uninstall any commercial AV, Firewalls, and apps such as cclenaer, malwarebytes, adware, spybot etc.

Now you need to remove your virus if you fail to be able to enable the firewall.

Sunday, June 30, 2013 4:19 PM
  • Can an Moderator move this to OT?

Success
    Cor

Sunday, June 30, 2013 8:19 PM
  • Hi,

This is a Windows OS related issue, I suggest get support from http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us.

Shanks Zen
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 1, 2013 7:29 AM