This copy of Windows did not pass genuine validation.The product key found on this computer is a Volume License Key (VLK) that h RRS feed

• Question

• Dear MS,

Everytime I log on to my computer - I get the following message. I haven't loaded anything new on to my computer for a while so i'm not sure why it has started now. My computer wasn't owrking and so I called osmeone i to fix it - he loaded a copy of XP on to my machine so i don't have the cd with the product code. I have followed stephens instructions and I get the following. Could you tell me what I should do next.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 6:28 PM

Answers

• A "Blocked VLK" is a Volume License Key that was once valid, but was licensed solely to a corporation or larger enterprise/business. Blocked VLK's are Product Keys that Microsoft has received consent from the original owner to block usage of. A VL Product Key is non-transferrable to individuals. In order to resolve your non-genuine licensing issue, please visit: www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on "Validate Windows". When validation fails, click on the Get Genuine button which will provide information on how to acquire a WGA Kit.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 6:35 PM