Monitor Caller ID RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, I am developing a pizza delivery software in c# win forms. The last point is displaying caller ID. Customers old application is able to display caller Id. Customer computer has modem and a Fritzbox connected to modem. I just need to display caller ID. I won't use any TAPI.. What is the easiest way to display caller ID to main screen of the application?

Thanks in advance friends..

Omnipotent

• Moved by Kristin Xie Tuesday, June 30, 2015 2:00 AM third party product related
    Tuesday, June 23, 2015 12:32 PM

Answers

• We are literally the last people that can answer that.

The developer of the Fritz Box (traysoft) can answer how to querry that Fritz Box for any data, including caller ID.*
    The developers of Moony should know how they querried that data.

*As most Fritz Box use a HTML Webserver for the User Interface, it would bet on some kind of web service running on the Fritz Box.

• Proposed as answer by Fouad Roumieh Tuesday, June 23, 2015 4:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Thursday, July 9, 2015 10:46 PM
    Tuesday, June 23, 2015 2:19 PM

All replies

• Figure out how to ask the Fritz Box model for the caller ID. 90% chance you will need TAPI, 5% it has some form of queryable/push notification based web interface for the caller ID, so you won't need TAPI.
    And 5% chance it has neiter.

This TAPI Library has been often linked in posts, no idea waht it says about quality:

http://julmar.com/tapi/

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 12:43 PM
  • Thanks a lot for your quick answer Christopher. My problem is how to ask Fritz Box. I've tried different TAPIs. However, they did not work. Reason we discovered is that our  Fritz box is not TAPI-compatible.

This means it is push notificatiable. I know this because, I've downloaded an application(Moony) and installed on the test comp and it worked perfectly! Concerning this, we know that our Fritz box is not TAPI-compatible. Also, contacted a company (Traysoft) and told me that Fritz box is not TAPI-compatible. 

Herein, How can I ask to the box for caller ID? Do you have any source code or etc.. I never did something like this. 

Thanks in advance.

Omnipotent

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 2:13 PM
  • We are literally the last people that can answer that.

The developer of the Fritz Box (traysoft) can answer how to querry that Fritz Box for any data, including caller ID.*
    The developers of Moony should know how they querried that data.

*As most Fritz Box use a HTML Webserver for the User Interface, it would bet on some kind of web service running on the Fritz Box.

• Proposed as answer by Fouad Roumieh Tuesday, June 23, 2015 4:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Thursday, July 9, 2015 10:46 PM
    Tuesday, June 23, 2015 2:19 PM
  • I agree with Christopher the service provider can be more helpful for you on their product implementation details.

Fouad Roumieh

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 4:25 PM
  • Hi Omnipotent,

>>The developer of the Fritz Box (traysoft) can answer how to querry that Fritz Box for any data, including caller ID.

I also agree. Please redirect to Fritz forum for better support.

http://fritzbox.com.au/forums/activity.php

Now I will move this thread to  off-topic, thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 1:59 AM