Renew Status RRS feed

• Question

•  

I've got a Yellow alert for OneCare warning me it's time for renewal and I've lost protection on my computer. I'm running the beta but haven't seen the update yet.

Here'a what my help says:

Windows Live OneCare

Version: 2.0.2350.10
         Virus and spyware definition version: 1.21.2943.16
         Firewall policy version: 1.2.26.64

© 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Can someone guide me on how to update everything and get my protected status back?

Thanks

Sunday, September 23, 2007 10:33 PM

Answers

• SInce you're running the beta, there are some possible reasons for an expiration.

1. You activated OneCare using a LiveID that had been used previously with the 1.5 beta and was activated with a trial beta key during the 1.5 beta.

2. Your PC date and time are incorrect.

3. There is a server problem

I don't think number three is the case, or we'd likely see a slew of posts on this topic.

If number two doesn't apply, then your solution is to uninstall the 2.0 beta and reinstall it without activating it.

You can also contact support -

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2 -use the "Get More Help" link in the lower right of the page to contact support via email.

-steve

Monday, September 24, 2007 4:25 PM

All replies

• SInce you're running the beta, there are some possible reasons for an expiration.

1. You activated OneCare using a LiveID that had been used previously with the 1.5 beta and was activated with a trial beta key during the 1.5 beta.

2. Your PC date and time are incorrect.

3. There is a server problem

I don't think number three is the case, or we'd likely see a slew of posts on this topic.

If number two doesn't apply, then your solution is to uninstall the 2.0 beta and reinstall it without activating it.

You can also contact support -

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2 -use the "Get More Help" link in the lower right of the page to contact support via email.

-steve

Monday, September 24, 2007 4:25 PM
  • This has just happened to me too.  Is there some way to check that there isn't a server issue, Steve?

Monday, September 24, 2007 5:39 PM
  • I'm not aware of a server issue, but I'll check. Have you confirmed the PC date and time? Is this an activated copy of 2.0?

-steve

Monday, September 24, 2007 6:54 PM
  • I have confirmed the date and time are correct - typically nowdays internet connected PCs do this for you automatically ;-)
    The copy of OneCare 2.0 I have on this PC is NOT activated, as anyone not in the USA cannot do so anyway.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 8:29 AM
  • Thanks for confirming, Dave. I've not heard of any server issues, so I recommend contacting support - 

-steve

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 12:03 PM