windows vista ultimate genuine advantage kit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am again a victim of an unscrupulus supplier of desktop. I had to buy the genuine advantage kit for windows xp Professional last time for my desktop.

I got a new desktop from a private supplier and after almost a year i got the msg that the Vista Ultimate on the desktop is not genuine. So i placed the order for the same on line and got a mail that the order will be processed in 10 days time. The order was placed on Feb 28, 2008. It also requested that the address service@microsoft.com be specified under sefe list in my hotmail options which i did. I have so far neither heard from Microsoft on this order nor receive any activation tool by email. I can not reach Microsoft at 1 866 317 5700. I have not got any response for the inquiry that i sent from the link under the phone number "send your request by email" on this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/gp/contactusen/?ln=es-la

Can any one help me with this order. the details are as under:

(DELETED FOR PRIVACY)

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Hem

Sunday, March 16, 2008 11:38 PM

Answers

• Windows Genuine Advantage Kit Order Support:

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/OrderHelp.aspx

Monday, March 17, 2008 3:39 PM
  • Dear Hem,

We are looking in the status of your order and will be in contact shortly.

Thank you,

Beth

Monday, March 17, 2008 8:33 PM
  • Hi Beth,

I got a email from Cliente@microsoft.com It appears they have not processed the order yet even after 20 days. Undestandable considering all the money that Microsoft makes.

Reddy  

Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:11 PM
  • Dear Reddy,

I am glad to hear that you received a response. I apologize that it is not the results you desired.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding your order.

I'll be happy to help.

Thank you,

Beth

Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:37 PM
  • Hi Beth,

The only great help would be to direct them to process the order asap and email me the activation tool by email so that i can download updates.

Reddy

Friday, March 21, 2008 1:21 PM
  • Hi Reddy,

I've contacted customer support to inquire about the status of your order as well as the reason for the length of processing time. I will keep you informed as I am.

Thanks,

Beth

Friday, March 21, 2008 4:33 PM
  • Hi Beth,

It is surprising that cliente@microsoft.com have not cared to reply either to my email or to your email. May be they are still learning English from their Kindergarden school and will take another 20 years to be able to reply back to English speaking customers.

In the meantime why don't you suggest to microsoft that they shift Caribbean to US based customer support team.

Reddy

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:56 PM
  • Hi Reddy,

I was informed by the Microsoft response team that a kit was shipped to you this morning. They are still awaiting the tracking number confirmation. As soon as I receive it I will let you know the estimated arrival date.

Thank you,

Beth

Friday, March 28, 2008 5:01 PM
  •  

Hi Beth,

Thanks for the info. If what the Microsoft kindergarden team says is correct, why is it that i have so far not received any email on the order and also the activation tool that was supposed to be sent to me by email so that i can activate the VISTA ultimate that is on my computer and go ahead with the updates. Just receiving the Kit through courier will not suffice. The kit itself as i understand is for future use. Last time i got the kit for my XP and could not use it for activation. The activation can be done only through the activation tool. Please advise.

Reddy

Friday, March 28, 2008 9:21 PM

All replies

• Windows Genuine Advantage Kit Order Support:

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/OrderHelp.aspx

Monday, March 17, 2008 3:39 PM
  • Dear Hem,

We are looking in the status of your order and will be in contact shortly.

Thank you,

Beth

Monday, March 17, 2008 8:33 PM
  • Hi Beth,

I got a email from Cliente@microsoft.com It appears they have not processed the order yet even after 20 days. Undestandable considering all the money that Microsoft makes.

Reddy  

Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:11 PM
  • Dear Reddy,

I am glad to hear that you received a response. I apologize that it is not the results you desired.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding your order.

I'll be happy to help.

Thank you,

Beth

Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:37 PM
  • Hi Beth,

The only great help would be to direct them to process the order asap and email me the activation tool by email so that i can download updates.

Reddy

Friday, March 21, 2008 1:21 PM
  • Hi Reddy,

I've contacted customer support to inquire about the status of your order as well as the reason for the length of processing time. I will keep you informed as I am.

Thanks,

Beth

Friday, March 21, 2008 4:33 PM
  • Hi Beth,

It is surprising that cliente@microsoft.com have not cared to reply either to my email or to your email. May be they are still learning English from their Kindergarden school and will take another 20 years to be able to reply back to English speaking customers.

In the meantime why don't you suggest to microsoft that they shift Caribbean to US based customer support team.

Reddy

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:56 PM
  • Hi Reddy,

I was informed by the Microsoft response team that a kit was shipped to you this morning. They are still awaiting the tracking number confirmation. As soon as I receive it I will let you know the estimated arrival date.

Thank you,

Beth

Friday, March 28, 2008 5:01 PM
  •  

Hi Beth,

Thanks for the info. If what the Microsoft kindergarden team says is correct, why is it that i have so far not received any email on the order and also the activation tool that was supposed to be sent to me by email so that i can activate the VISTA ultimate that is on my computer and go ahead with the updates. Just receiving the Kit through courier will not suffice. The kit itself as i understand is for future use. Last time i got the kit for my XP and could not use it for activation. The activation can be done only through the activation tool. Please advise.

Reddy

Friday, March 28, 2008 9:21 PM
  •  

Hi Beth,

I just received the CD sent to me by courier. Please advise me with the instalation. No instructions are on the CD with regards to Activation or the tool that will activate the vista ultimate operating system on my desktop. I have not received the tool from Microsoft throgh my email.This is the tool i used earlier to active the operating system that i had on my desktop on the last occation.

reddy

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 1:58 PM
  • Last year I built a second computer and ordered another version of XP from gen advantage. I thought I was going to use both systems but never did. The other verson sat around for about a year. I just updated graphics cards and need direct x 10. So I called gen advantage:

Ordered From : WGA - NA - Like-to-Like
    Order Number : 2000739541
    Order Date : March 3, 2008 12:02:42 PM

and asked if I could upgrade the XP to Vista. They told me no. They said if I bought a version of Vista they would refund my purchase of XP and it would take a month for it to show up on my statement. I made the purchase and waited for the credit to show up. It never did.So I called MS and after talking to five different people I was told the same thing by all. The order # ment nothing to them and I had purchased the product from a sister company and not MS. One person told me I probably bought it from Digital River which I had not. The last person told me to look at my chacking account and get the phone number, so I did. Sure enough it was a MS number. When I called and told them the story I am telling you I was put on hold three times and finally told I would get a call back in 24 hours which I did not. I called back the next day. I was told the same thing I heard a month ago. I will get a refund on the XP but it will take a month to process. So now were out two months and I have a feeling in a month I will be right back where I started from.

I could have orderded Vista from Zip Zoomfly for $156.00. I ordered it from Gen Advantage for $210.00. I have never had any issue returning a product from Zip Zoom yet I have had nothing but grief from Microsoft.

Bottom line is if you want software DO NOT buy it directly from Microsoft. Get it from Wal-Mart or any other retail outlet. Then you can take it back if you choose to. You may have to stand in line for a few minutes but that's better than spending four hours on hold listening to some wretched music.

I understand the licence problems and a few taking advantage making problems for the rest of us. However I am not one of thoes people. To deny the claim hoping I will go away is not a good business model. Just because your big dose not mean you don't have to be fair.

Friday, April 11, 2008 11:32 AM
  •  

hello,

microsoft should work on this

the customer cant able to track his wga kit order. customer gets upset when they track their order via DHL.com because dhl will be the one who will ship the disc

after the wga kit order was processed,

they will recieve an confirmation email of their order details such as product key, invoice number  order number

and the product key update tool.the customer has the right to track their media disc because they paid for it. so the customer will call the customer service to ask their tracking number for their wga kit?

why does microsoft cant able to provide a tracking number for the wga kit order?

they only provided invoice number and order number

customer will call dhl to track where is their media disc

dhl cant provide any information because they need a tracking number to trace the disc

sad to say even the Order Desk Department cant provide a tracking number for the wga kit

i hope this will make sense

Friday, July 18, 2008 8:28 PM