Live Mesh installs but doesn't start RRS feed

• Question

• I successfully installed Live Mesh on my AT&T Tilt but the application doesn't start.  When I click on the application I get the wait icon for about a second and then nothing.  Any ideas? 

My log has the following three lines repeated for each launch attempt I've made:

15/1/2009 20:38:20          44e69116             Id:333    Lvl4        MainMoe.cpp: WaitForInstallerToComplete: Creating the mutex that the installer would have created

15/1/2009 20:38:20          44e69116             Id:284    Lvl1        Label: Unable to instantiate the WebBrowser control. Moe cannot proceed. GetLastError()=, DWORD= 78.

15/1/2009 20:38:20          44e69116             Id:3        Lvl1        CMainWindow: Crash-exiting moe. This is a critical error.

Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:40 PM

Answers

• I tried another application that also tried to create IE under the covers that also crashed.  So I reflashed my rom and reinstalled Live Mesh and now it works.  Something was wrong with IE on my previous ROM.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 6:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Would you mind submitting a bug for us and attaching the log?  Instructions for submitting a bug are in an Announcement at the top of the forum.

Thanks,

Ben.
    • Proposed as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:31 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Wednesday, January 21, 2009 7:00 PM
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:31 PM
  • Done.  Submitted feedback #399633.
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:34 PM
  • Thank you.  I see it internally.  I will track it and follow up with you as soon as we learn anything.  If you hear back from another Live Mesh team member via Connect, please feel free to post any additional information that might be of help to others in this forum thread.

Ben.
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:54 PM
  • Hi ssbktt,

I just need a little more information, to help narrow this down.

Do you have IE Mobile installed on your phone? Or did it come with some other default browser?

Thanks,
    Archis
    A Jedi in the making!
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 7:52 PM
  •  Yes, I have IE installed and it is the only browser.
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 4:31 AM
  • I tried another application that also tried to create IE under the covers that also crashed.  So I reflashed my rom and reinstalled Live Mesh and now it works.  Something was wrong with IE on my previous ROM.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 6:04 PM
  • Dragging up an old thread but just had a similar problem.

Turned out to be that I had spb pocket plus software installed and there was an internet explorer addon installed with that. Disabled the addon and live mesh mobile started working again!

Hope it helps someone

Rod
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 10:03 PM
  • Thanks for reporting your experience, Rod.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 5:37 PM
  • rod_vdb said:

Dragging up an old thread but just had a similar problem.

Turned out to be that I had spb pocket plus software installed and there was an internet explorer addon installed with that. Disabled the addon and live mesh mobile started working again!

Hope it helps someone

Rod

This was great info. Rod.  I came here because of problems with Live Mesh that started just the other day.  I suspected it had something to do with the SPB suite I installed but never thought of the IE Add On.

Thanks!
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 3:24 PM
  • Glad this thread is here.  I installed SPB's new Wallet (2.0) App the other day.  When I tried to sync my phone with LM yesterday, I found that LM wouldn't start.

After reading this thread, I uninstalled Wallet and Mesh fired right up and synchronized.
    Friday, February 13, 2009 2:32 PM
  • This is also happening to me as well.

- I have a HTC Touch Diamond 2
    - WM 6.1
    - IE is installed, however, not default browser
    - No SPB program installed (i think)

Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance

Jon.
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 6:33 PM
  • Nope, not missing anything. As you can  see by this thread and others in the forum, lots of people with this device (or family of devices - seems to be all of the Touch models) are having the same issue.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 6:44 PM