none
I tried to have a complete scan, but it told me that I couldn't be scanned. Why not? RRS feed

• Question

• First off, I'd like to thank Shiela for telling me that If you have Microsoft's Security Essentials then your Defender will be turned off. I didn't know what was going on before she explained that to me. Other than that I just can't understand why safety.live.com can't scan my computer .
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:25 AM

All replies

• "Tommy Ray Lekander" wrote in message news:5814f60b-8d68-45da-9f78-478e375ca17e...
    First off, I'd like to thank Shiela for telling me that If you have Microsoft's Security Essentials then your Defender will be turned off. I didn't know what was going on before she explained that to me. Other than that I just can't understand why safety.live.com can't scan my computer ..

Defender is not 'turned off' with MSE installed - it's actually upgraded, and becomes part of MSE.
    Some of the resulting residuals for Defender remain, in order to allow a graceful uninstall of MSE, and leave Defender behind.
    If safety.live.com can't scan your computer, you may have ActiveX disabled - the scanner uses ActiveX (IIRC) extensively.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Proposed as answer by Noel D Paton Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:18 PM
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:55 AM