Network is Critical RRS feed

• Question

• Have just installed Norton Internet Security 2010 on one of my client-PCs. Now is WHS reporting that the WHS network health i critical and the actual PC with NIS 2010 is pointed out. "Antivirus is turned of or out of date" and so on. Worked just fine with NIS 2009. Is there a work around or must I wait for a update from big M?

Tried today (2010-01-24) the old trick and uninstalled the Connector software and then istalled it again. No succsess. It still reports no Antivirus, no Spyware and Firewall turned of on the client PC.
    Friday, January 22, 2010 9:17 PM

Answers

• Problem now solvet! It turned out to bee settings in the Security Center on my Vista-PC. You have to manually tell Vista that you have other programs for virus, spyware and firewall that you monitor. As soon as I checked those alternatives the little house i system try turned green :-)

Hope this can help some of you out there.

Best regards from Sweden

//Sune
    • Marked as answer by JonSoft Monday, January 25, 2010 9:40 PM
    Monday, January 25, 2010 9:40 PM

All replies

• Is the pc Windows 7? There is a little flakyness in reporting in antivirus/antispyware with Win7 and WHS. It reports the same basic message to me running M$ Security Essentials software, but only on my Win 7 machines.

You'll probably have to wait an update to take care of the problem.

Cruise
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 7:26 PM
  • It´s a Laptop running Vista Home Premium. My other PCs are set up as follows:

Netbook; XP Home, NIS 2009, no problem
    Stationary; XP Home, NIS 2009, no problem
    Stationary 2; Vista Home Premium, NIS 2009, no problem
    Stationary 3; XP Professional, NIS 2009, no problem

//Sune
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 8:03 PM
  • Problem now solvet! It turned out to bee settings in the Security Center on my Vista-PC. You have to manually tell Vista that you have other programs for virus, spyware and firewall that you monitor. As soon as I checked those alternatives the little house i system try turned green :-)

Hope this can help some of you out there.

Best regards from Sweden

//Sune
    • Marked as answer by JonSoft Monday, January 25, 2010 9:40 PM
    Monday, January 25, 2010 9:40 PM