associate and disassociate contacts of an account using plugin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I want to write a plugin on how to associate and disassociate contacts related to an account.

If there are any associated contacts then i want to disassociate them.. and if there are any disassociated records then i want to associated them to account...

Can anyone suggest a sample plugin to do this...

Monday, June 16, 2014 9:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• Proposed as answer by Mayank PujaraEditor Monday, June 16, 2014 10:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy.4 Monday, June 16, 2014 12:38 PM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 10:03 AM
  • Iam doing this through plugin registration tool... but unable to find the account entity if i give message as "associate"

Iam also facing an issue with the code

It says the name "contact" does not exist in the current context.. how do i solve this issue..

Monday, June 16, 2014 11:48 AM
  • Hi,

Answer to your first question: You're trying to associate/disassociate Account from Contact when a particular event occurs, right (like update, etc.)? You specify that event in Plugin Registration tool. If I am not wrong you do not want association to happen when an Account is disassociated from a Contact or vice versa, is it not?

Answer to your second question: The "contact" here is an EntityReference object, so you need to create that first. That EntityRefernce would ideally be the one you wish to associate/disassociate. Ideally an EntityReference object is created as follows:

EntityReference contact = new EntityReference("contact", new Guid("your_contact_id_here");

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Monday, June 16, 2014 11:56 AM