cqdds RRS feed

All replies

• Hi urakenzey,

Thank you for posting here.

According to your description, I have a question to confirm with you.

>>what I would like is to get the original name of the downloaded .exe file in order to be able to execute it within my application

Could you provide more information about what you want to do after downloading your php file? 

We are waiting for your update.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 16, 2020 9:18 AM
  • Hello Xingyu Zhao,

after downloading the original file via the link, i just wan't start these application at the end of the download.

Thanks.

Thursday, April 16, 2020 12:22 PM
  • fdsqffesq
    • Edited by urakenzey Thursday, April 16, 2020 9:49 PM
    Thursday, April 16, 2020 1:38 PM
  • Hi urakenzey,

Thanks for your feedback.

It seems that the modification of your question causes some errors.

Could you edit it and provide a detailed description of your problem again?

Besides, as I remember, DownloadFileAsync is asynchronous call so may be your thread executing it ending before your download has completed.

Try to attach a handler to find out if the download has completed.

For example:

AddHandler client.DownloadProgressChanged, AddressOf client_DownloadProgressChanged

Private Sub client_DownloadProgressChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DownloadProgressChangedEventArgs)
            Debug.WriteLine($"{CStr(e.UserState)} downloaded {e.BytesReceived} of {e.TotalBytesToReceive} bytes. {e.ProgressPercentage}% complete...")
        End Sub

If I have any misunderstanding, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 17, 2020 1:57 AM