Error when making an inbound call RRS feed

• Question

• I get the following error when trying to make an inbound call to a worklow application:

Application Error 50000: An exception occurred in the Speech workflow with Id a0dbe5ad-fbf2-4209-b1d5-c36f13fe0499. The exception was: AnswerCallActivity activity 'answerCall' cannot run. The TelephonySession is not in the Incoming state. The current state is Disconnected.

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 5:42 PM

Answers

• Yes, I did figure this out. 

It was because I had a DeclineCallActivity in the workflow before the AnswerCallActivity.  I had put it there for testing and forgotten about it.  I didn't realize this at first because my understanding was that the DeclineCallActivity would generate a 486 Busy Here response rather than a 403 Forbidden. 

When I took out the DeclineCallActivity, everything worked fine.  I still don't understand why I was getting a response code of 403 rather than 486, though.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:29 PM

All replies

• This indicates that your SIP Peer sent a BYE before your application got a chance to accept the INVITE.  If you didn't initiate the  disconnect yourself, I suggest looking at SIP logs to determine what is going on.  Have a look at the "SIP Logging" thread in this forum for details.  There are also other threads here and on gotspeech.net eg. recommending other products.

If you don't understand the SIP logs, repost with more details.

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 8:37 PM
  • That doesn't seem to be the problem.  I looked at the logs and here's the sequence of events:

1. We send INVITE to MSS.

2. MSS responds with 100 Trying.

3. MSS responds with 302 Moved Temporarily. 

4. We send ACK to MSS.

5. We resend the INVITE to the port indicated in the 302 response.

6. MSS responds with 100 Trying.

7. MSS responds with 180 Ringing.

8. MSS responds with 403 Forbidden.

9. We send ACK to MSS. 

This doesn't happen all the time, but it happens often. 

Friday, May 11, 2007 7:19 PM
  • Whenever Speech Server rejects an invite it logs an error to the NT Application Event Log.  So, there should be such an error corresponding to the 403 Forbidden.  What does this say?

It would be useful to have the Speech Server .etl for a time period covering a period that includes this behaviour, preferably with Platform Debug logging enabled.

Monday, May 14, 2007 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

Have you been able to resolve your issue? If so, can you share it with the forums?  If not, can youprovide the information requested by Anthony?

Thursday, June 7, 2007 6:18 PM
  • Yes, I did figure this out. 

It was because I had a DeclineCallActivity in the workflow before the AnswerCallActivity.  I had put it there for testing and forgotten about it.  I didn't realize this at first because my understanding was that the DeclineCallActivity would generate a 486 Busy Here response rather than a 403 Forbidden. 

When I took out the DeclineCallActivity, everything worked fine.  I still don't understand why I was getting a response code of 403 rather than 486, though.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:29 PM
  • The DeclineCallActivity sends a 403 by default. If you want a different response code, set the ReasonCode property to, e.g., 486.

Dan

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 4:55 PM