none
Initial sync improperly copying "created date" causing multiple overwrites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, great tool, but this bug makes the program unusable for me.  Basically, from what I can tell, any original file with a created date different from the modified date was changed during the initial copy so that created date of the new file was set to equal the modified date.  This then sets off an overwrite for the next sync cycle and so it tries to again copy the file from the left to the right.  Then if I run it a third time, it performs a copy from the right to the left, replacing the original (and accurate) created date with the created date reported on on the right side file.  After the third sync it will be removed from the sync "preview".  So, not only does this cause two overwrites of many files, but it also destroys the correct created date stamps.  (Also it doesn't make sense that the second sync would again try to copy from the left to right again and then the third attempt would be from the right to left, finally removing it from being synced repeatedly)  Below are what the file properties say immediately after the first file sync:

Left(original):                                                                   Right:

Created: 12/28/10 11:20:06AM                                         Created 12/28/10 11:20:17AM

Modified: 12/28/10 11:20:17AM                                        Modified: 12/28/10 11:20:17AM

Monday, January 3, 2011 9:28 PM

All replies

• I also notice that the "size on disk" of the copied files is always 1000-3000 bytes less than the originals.  Is this expected?
    Monday, January 3, 2011 9:39 PM