Corrupted quotes in PocketSense downloads.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

For the past four days I have been getting about 10% erroneous share values in my downloads from the Yahoo quote server.  This happens both on my home computer and a computer at another location.  I am using Pocketsense version 19-Feb-2001 at home, and an earlier version of PocketSense at the other location.  The stock and mutual fund prices that update corrupted are random, i.e., not always the same ones. The prices returned are in the > $500 million/share range, so, as a result, the value of my Money portfolio is in the trillions of dollars.  When I review the Getdata.py data, the corrupted prices are there, plus the date for the update is also incorrect - often 1/1/1970.  I have been looking up the correct share values and manually correcting the corrupted data, but would much prefer to have PocketSense working as it was.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?  I would be happy to provide additional information.

Thanks, jsdyer

Friday, July 22, 2011 12:16 AM

All replies

• I got a couple of bad quotes today as well.  So you're not alone.  Don't know what is wrong.  Must be something with Yahoo.
    Friday, July 22, 2011 1:21 AM
  • I too am getting sporadic errors.  I was a billionaire today with my Ford shares at 5million something per share :)

It is on Yahoo's end and we're hoping Yahoo gets this resolved soon!

Friday, July 22, 2011 1:49 AM
  • We saw an episode of this around Feb time: bad price and/or date coming back from Yahoo. Lasted for a couple of days.

Since then, I've added some defensive mechanism to hleOfxQuotes to ignore "bad quote" (don't generate OFX entries for them):

. If I find a date that I cannot parse: ignore the price

. If a price looks out of range: ignore it. User can set how high that value is (default to 1000.00).

Friday, July 22, 2011 3:30 AM