How does Email Router deside which email is routed to CRM? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My problem is that one Queue was jammed for a while and about 175 email didn't receidved The Queue. They stopped to mailbox. I fixed some settings and restarted Email Router. Queue starts Rolling and new messages are comming to Queue ok. Also about 75 old, stacked emails came to Queue.  But why only 75? There was 175 emails waiting. I need also those 100 emails to Queue. Does anybody know how Email Router desides which Emails it routes to CRM Queue from emailbox and which not? How can I have my missing 100 emails to Queue?

Thursday, June 6, 2013 11:28 AM

All replies

• If I understand correctly, email router makes almost no decisions, it simply blindly processes all emails for the accounts it is configured to work on and takes them from the email system and passes them to the CRM platform.

Once the emails reach the CRM system, that makes decisions about what to keep and what to do with them according to the rules set for the user or queues in question (eg all emails, emails in reply to CRM emails, emails for known Contacts and Leads only etc).

As far as I know, the CRM platform creates email records for the ones it wants and discards the other data. The unwanted ones never even become an email record at any point.

This may not help you get those emails, but should at least help you direct your troubleshooting or tracing in the right direction.

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:03 PM