Configuring CRM add-in for Outlook 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• So I've got CRM successfully (I use that term lightly) implemented on my Outlook 2007 account. However, everytime I reboot and reopen Outlook I am prompted to "Configure CRM for Outlook" in the toolbar instead of simply having the regular toolbars appear. I click on the tab to configure CRM and get an error message asking me to shutdown Outlook to continue, which then takes me to the configuration wizard.

However...if I simply click cancel on the configuration error prompt all the CRM toolbars show up as I would be normally expected. If I go ahead and enter the configuration wizard I am asked to enter a server URL. I'm not even sure what this would be. Any help would be absolutely appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Carl

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi

If I remember correctly, this is normal behavior. To configure Outlook client in CRM 4 and 2011 both, outlook should not be open.

And if it opens, Configuration package prompts to close the outlook. This prompts unfortunately looks like a error.

Did you complete your installation after closing the error. I guess it should complete fine.

Here is a general outlook installation. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXw3PTHe7lc

Though it doesnt include the error you are getting, but you can close the error and move ahead.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:29 AM