WHS 120 Day Trial?? RRS feed

• Question

•  

My WHS keeps reminding me from the first day of installation that I only have 30 days left. Each day it keep counting down.

I thought it was a 120 day evaulation according to the packaging and the WHS website.

Any ideas out there?

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:25 PM

Answers

•  BigBear101 wrote:

Hi,

No, I did not register it yet as I thought the idea was to try it for 120 days and then register and purchase if you liked the product.

Am I thinking wrong?

The software is timebombed to expire after the 120 day trial, but you have to register it within the first 30 days. It's a very simple process. Hopefully, they've fixed the time to expire in the 120 eval, previously, there were a lot of complaints of the software expiring after about 90 days.

One last note, even if you decide to purchase, you won't be able to just add the serial to your exisitng software and be ready to go. You'll have to purchase the release version of WHS and do a server reinstall.

Cruise
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 2:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You have registered it by Internet?

Colin 

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:20 PM
  • Hi,

No, I did not register it yet as I thought the idea was to try it for 120 days and then register and purchase if you liked the product.

Am I thinking wrong?

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 12:07 PM
  •  BigBear101 wrote:

Hi,

Am I thinking wrong?

The software is timebombed to expire after the 120 day trial, but you have to register it within the first 30 days. It's a very simple process. Hopefully, they've fixed the time to expire in the 120 eval, previously, there were a lot of complaints of the software expiring after about 90 days.

One last note, even if you decide to purchase, you won't be able to just add the serial to your exisitng software and be ready to go. You'll have to purchase the release version of WHS and do a server reinstall.

Cruise
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 2:00 PM
  •  Cruiseman wrote:

I don't recall seeing people say it expired earlier than 120 days.  However, there is a known bug with the trial software in that it looks like it will give you 180 days, but it doesn't (it only gives 120).

Cruiseman wrote:

Cruise

Thursday, August 28, 2008 1:01 AM