CRM Online, 'activitymimeattachment' entity vs 'attachment' entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

In Dynamics CRM, I notice that there is 'activitymimeattachment' entity (entity type code 1001) and 'attachment' entity (entity type code 1002).  What is the difference between these two?  If I need to migrate attachments from CRM Online to a local database, how shall I do it?  Thanks.

Friday, September 16, 2016 6:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The “ActivityMimeAttachment” entity is used to store the information of the Email entity record which contains the attachment. And this  “Attachment” entity is used store the attachments of the Email.

Whenever you adds the attachments into Email entity, then email record information stores into “ActivityMimeAttachment” entity and attachment of the Email is stored into the Attachment entity. In this, there is a relationship between the ActivityMimeAttachment and Attachment entity.

So, if you just want the attachments then you can use “Attachment” entity and  also if you want attachment with its parent record information .i.e.: Email record information then you can use “ActivityMimeAttachment” entity.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
    Sam

Inogic | Blog | news@inogic.com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Saturday, September 17, 2016 11:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The “ActivityMimeAttachment” entity is used to store the information of the Email entity record which contains the attachment. And this  “Attachment” entity is used store the attachments of the Email.

Whenever you adds the attachments into Email entity, then email record information stores into “ActivityMimeAttachment” entity and attachment of the Email is stored into the Attachment entity. In this, there is a relationship between the ActivityMimeAttachment and Attachment entity.

So, if you just want the attachments then you can use “Attachment” entity and  also if you want attachment with its parent record information .i.e.: Email record information then you can use “ActivityMimeAttachment” entity.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
    Sam

Inogic | Blog | news@inogic.com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Saturday, September 17, 2016 11:28 AM
  • Hi, Sam-

Thanks, are you saying that 'activitymimeattachment' is the link table between 'activitypointer' and 'attachment'?  So, if I archive 'attachment' entity, I will have to archive 'activitymimeattachment' accordingly too.

Sunday, September 18, 2016 3:55 AM
  • Depending on what your need is, if you want to keep the email information also you need to have the activitymimeattachment table also

If my response answered your question, please "mark the response as an answer" and also "vote as helpful". Regards, Hari. www.crm2011byhari.blogspot.com

Monday, September 19, 2016 3:56 PM