ATI All-In-Wonder 9200 Graphic Card Driver Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I installed the WHS with a ATI 9200 All-In-Wonder Graphic Card. I couldn't find driver for Windows 2003 on the amd.ati.com Website. So I tried to install the drivers for Windows XP Professional and Windows 2000 (6-11-pre-r300_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_38185).

The first step (ATI Display Drivers) during the installation process was ok. The Graphic Card Display Drivers are installed. The installation programm stopped (or got frozen) during the WDM Integrated Drivers Installation. Now there is the problem, that I have many unknown devices in the device manager. Windows tries to find drivers after every restart and I can't use all functions of the graohic card.

Has anybody an idea how to fix that problem and install the Graphic Card without mistakes?

Thanks...

Monday, May 21, 2007 8:37 PM

All replies

• Did you try installing just the video driver, because the ATI 9200 All-In-Wonder Graphic Card has a TV tuner, thats the unknown devices in the device manager showing up in the device manager.
    Go back to ATI.com and get only the video drive not all the drivers for that card, just the video driver.
    Monday, May 21, 2007 8:46 PM
  • Now i got it to install the driver manually... I selected the driver manually after unpacking them... than it worked...

Everything is installed in the device manager. But the ATI Multimedia Software can't start the TV programm, because it couldn't start the card. Any more ideas?

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:56 PM
  •  nultsch wrote:

Now i got it to install the driver manually... I selected the driver manually after unpacking them... than it worked...

Everything is installed in the device manager. But the ATI Multimedia Software can't start the TV programm, because it couldn't start the card. Any more ideas?

Nultsch: are you saying you are trying to get the TV tuner work?

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:28 PM
  • You will likely not be able to get the ATI multimedia software to work on WHS. The software was not written for Windows Server 2003, and may not function correctly. In addition, WHS isn't designed to function as a media center PC.
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:28 AM
  • You shouldn't ever need to view the desktop of your WHS -- everything you should do using it should be able to be done through the connector software. Why are you bothering with a video driver?
    Friday, May 25, 2007 5:39 PM
  • I do have the AIW also (9700pro). I would try to install the XP drivers for both Tv and VGA. ATI driver were not in WHS. When I installed the standard ATI driver for XP every thing worked fine. Do not use the drivers from the AMD-ATI site but use them from the cd that came with the card. The amd-ati drivers for the AIW are not the most easy to handle :<( Please let us know the autocome
    Friday, May 25, 2007 7:38 PM
  • I have similar problems with the ATI Radeon 9000 Pro. I installed the Catalyst Control Center and configured the advanced features of the card to reduce memory consumption and resource usage. My problems continue. The symptoms are the same. Intermittent lockups with no information in the log files to explain it.
    Saturday, May 26, 2007 4:31 PM
  • You should not install ATI control centre. Use the option install drivers only and use the cd that came with the card. Current drivers could not work. The ATI CC uses other XP software that may not work with WHS. Can you tell how you did the intallation?
    Saturday, May 26, 2007 5:18 PM
  • I am interested to hear how things worked as well.  Ideally I would like to use the WHS as centerpiece of my network, which includes the ability to act in a media playback capacity.
    Tuesday, July 17, 2007 12:09 AM
  •  jrronimo wrote:
    You shouldn't ever need to view the desktop of your WHS -- everything you should do using it should be able to be done through the connector software. Why are you bothering with a video driver?

Because part of building a stable system is to use the proper drivers, just because you don't view the screen doesn't mean the system can't crash due to missing the right driver. ATI should have native driver support for 2003, unfortunately in this case he is stuck using XP drivers, which are still better than using the driver built into Windows.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 2:59 AM
  •  

MickyBill wrote:
    I have similar problems with the ATI Radeon 9000 Pro. I installed the Catalyst Control Center and configured the advanced features of the card to reduce memory consumption and resource usage. My problems continue. The symptoms are the same. Intermittent lockups with no information in the log files to explain it.

Only install the driver, get rid of the Catalyst control center software, it was never meant for 2003.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 3:02 AM
  •  Kagehiru wrote:
    I am interested to hear how things worked as well.  Ideally I would like to use the WHS as centerpiece of my network, which includes the ability to act in a media playback capacity.

As long as it isn't presenting that media on a screen attached to it you should be fine. You can open media and share that media through out your network, unless I'm miss-understanding your intent here. I have an ATI 9250 video card in my WHS Box and using XP drivers is working just fine.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 3:08 AM