none
How to uninstall a web page widget RRS feed

• Question

• Somehow an application called Crystal Clock (http://clock-desktop.com/crystal_clock_widget.shtml) got installed on the WHS. Every time either home/remote web page is accessed this clock widget opens and covers the default picture.

My problem is that I can't uninstall this Crystal Clock widget. I have looked for any trace of it but failed to find where it resides.

Can anyone suggest how I might stop this app from running on the WHS home/remot web pages?

Thank you.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 9:29 PM

All replies

• It's not really an application, it's a small script you normally have to embed manually in your webpage code.

If you didn't do this yourself manually it probably got installed by some malware (which may still be on your server) or by visiting a malicious website. The best way for you to correct is probably a server reinstall, the procedure is described in this FAQ. Please note that server reinstall should preserve all data in WHS shares and client backups, however you will have to redo all post-install modifications (add users, add clients, install add-ins and so on)

To correct manually, on your homeserver browse to C:\inetpub, check aspx files for the occurence of the clock script. Depending on the source of widget the code may differ. Please do not try this if you have little or no experience with manual editing of aspx web pages.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 10:27 AM
  • Thank you for the respomse.

John Link

Thursday, June 3, 2010 10:36 PM