Can one queue receive from multiple email addresses? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I want to have one support queue but have it receive email from multiple email addresses. We have two addresses that support mail comes into. We have set one of the address to forward emails to the other, however, i get the following error in Event Viewer:

"#35241 - The recipients for the e-mail message with subject "test email please ignore" in mailbox support@company.com did not match any known records."

Initially, i think creating another queue with the other email address would work - but i dont want to have multiple queues - i only want one queue to pick up emails sent to different addresses.

One of the email addresses work fine - and emails sent there are picked up in CRM. But emails sent to the other address, forwarded to the original and CRM Email router gives the above error.

Any ideas on how i can achieve this?

Help much appreciated! :-)

Friday, May 21, 2010 9:33 AM

Answers

• 1. You can create another queue that receives your other email address items but then use workflow to assign it to the other queue.

2. You could create a workflow that just reassigns email to the queue based on some the from email address.

3. You could create a plugin that is registered against Email Create and if the From matches your from the assign to a specific queue.

So many different ways to achieve what you are trying to do, but no you cannot have multiple email addresses on a queue.

MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by bshah1985 Friday, May 21, 2010 2:43 PM
    Friday, May 21, 2010 10:00 AM

All replies

• 1. You can create another queue that receives your other email address items but then use workflow to assign it to the other queue.

2. You could create a workflow that just reassigns email to the queue based on some the from email address.

3. You could create a plugin that is registered against Email Create and if the From matches your from the assign to a specific queue.

So many different ways to achieve what you are trying to do, but no you cannot have multiple email addresses on a queue.

MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by bshah1985 Friday, May 21, 2010 2:43 PM
    Friday, May 21, 2010 10:00 AM
  • Yep - i guess thats the easiest way. i have added a new queue to cater for the other address and will create a workflow to shift them into the original queue!:-(

thanks for your help! :-)

Friday, May 21, 2010 2:44 PM