none
How to avoid the unwanted check in to the GIT Branch in TFS 2018 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a requirement which is that if we have a branch named as dev_0.2.0 and we have another branch as dev_0.2.1 , the developers must not check in the code into the 0.2.0 branch as 0.2.1 is the latest one . I have tried to do a branch lock and also all possible ways for initiate the trigger if the wrong check in is done , but am not sure if that is possible for GIT in TFS . I heard that its possible for TFS version control inside TFS ALM tool . Please let me know if any possibility can be done to overcome this issue. 

Thursday, July 12, 2018 7:12 AM

All replies

• Hello Subramani,

Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) and Team Foundation Server/Services (TFS) are entirely different products. So, you posted to a wrong forum. VSTO doesn't provide anything for that. 

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Thursday, July 12, 2018 1:51 PM
  • Hello Subramani sUNDARAM,

This forum is for discussing development issues related to Visual Studio Tools for Office and I think your issue is more related to TFS. So I will move the thread to Off-Topic  forum.

Thanks for understanding,

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 13, 2018 2:33 AM