none
Top Answerers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I noticed, by checking my email notifications, that I have answered 68 different threads (81 marked as an answered), in the last 30 days, how come i'm not in the list of Top Answerers Last 30 days as of today, November 21th 2016 ?

Best regards,

Gilles Tremblay
    MCSE Server | Desktop | Messaging | Collaboration | Productivity | Mobility | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

DISCLAIMER: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, and confers no rights. Always test before!

Monday, November 21, 2016 10:54 AM

Answers

• If you go to your profile activities tab, and in the url change "technet" to "msdn" you get the "msdn" view, which shows your total points, your points year to date, month to date, week to date, plus your rank among all TechNet/MSDN accounts for activities (forums, Wiki, galleries, blogs).

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Profile/gilles%20tremblay/activity

This portion allows you to see this:

Click on the "year", "month", or "week" links to see your totals and rank. Click on "Leaderboard" to see your account listed by rank among all accounts. At the top you can select year to date (and which year), or month to date, or week to date. Again, this is total points, and not just points in the forums.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 10:41 AM
  • No special criteria I know of. You might email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com (the forum admins) with details. They can at least verify how many answers you are credited with. I believe contractors are in charge of the code behind the forums, including the leaderboards,. But the forum admins can forward the issue to "engineering", as they have done for other issues.

Monday, November 21, 2016 2:18 PM

All replies

• First, there could be a time delay of at least a day. But also the leaderboard list is separate for the TechNet and MSDN forums. Are your answers on both platforms?

This blog post acknowledges the people on each of the two forum answerer leaderboards a few days ago:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/forumninjas/1585-2/

Monday, November 21, 2016 11:14 AM
  • Thanks for your response.

I've been posting only on TechNet forum.

Answered 5 yesterday, I should have been in the top 5 even yesterday.

Is there a special criteria to meet, aside answers?

Best regards,

Gilles Tremblay
    MCSE Server | Desktop | Messaging | Collaboration | Productivity | Mobility | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

DISCLAIMER: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, and confers no rights. Always test before!

Monday, November 21, 2016 11:25 AM
  • No special criteria I know of. You might email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com (the forum admins) with details. They can at least verify how many answers you are credited with. I believe contractors are in charge of the code behind the forums, including the leaderboards,. But the forum admins can forward the issue to "engineering", as they have done for other issues.

Monday, November 21, 2016 2:18 PM
  • Thanks

I sent an email to Microsoft Forum Support.

Will give you an update.

Best Regards,

Gilles Tremblay

Monday, November 21, 2016 2:55 PM
  • Hello everyone,

I had not received acknoledge from Microsoft Forum admins, and i'm affraid that I may loose the change to be in the top 5 !

Also, is there any other statistics page where we can track in details our records better than our summary page?

Best regards,

Gilles Tremblay

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 10:07 AM
  • If you go to your profile activities tab, and in the url change "technet" to "msdn" you get the "msdn" view, which shows your total points, your points year to date, month to date, week to date, plus your rank among all TechNet/MSDN accounts for activities (forums, Wiki, galleries, blogs).

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Profile/gilles%20tremblay/activity

This portion allows you to see this:

Click on the "year", "month", or "week" links to see your totals and rank. Click on "Leaderboard" to see your account listed by rank among all accounts. At the top you can select year to date (and which year), or month to date, or week to date. Again, this is total points, and not just points in the forums.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 10:41 AM
  • Hehe thanks :)

Gilles Tremblay

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 10:46 AM
  • Ok, now I "think" I understand.

My understanding is the mention "Last 30 days" reflects more "Current Month" than the TRUE last 30 days, as some answers have "bridge" over the last month and were NOT count in the last 30 days stats.

Am I right?

Gilles Tremblay

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 11:31 AM
  • If you can find out these details from forum's issues and then share with us, it will be great. We don't know exact definitions used as we don't have source code of the website.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 11:45 AM
  • I really don't know how they calculate the totals for that leaderboard (for forums answers). I assume it is a running 30 day total that updates daily, but I don't keep track enough to know for sure. I know the Wiki leaderboards, which are 7 day point totals, update daily. The MSDN views of our year to date overall point totals update constantly.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 2:21 PM