HP MediSmart keeps shutting down - claims overheat (nonsense!) RRS feed

• Question

• Folks,

Just got my HP MediSmart and I guess I'll have to return it...

The device keeps GOINT TO STANDBY... I managed to quickly log into it and saw that the reporting issue in the event viewer is that the system is "overheating".

Any thoughts? Please advice as I am starting to panic..

Regards,
    P.
    Sunday, January 6, 2008 2:56 PM

Answers

•  PMDCI wrote:
    Folks,

The device keeps GOINT TO STANDBY... I managed to quickly log into it and saw that the reporting issue in the event viewer is that the system is "overheating".

Regards,
    P.

I pretty sure I know what your problem is, it is your power settings in WHS and you must use remote access to get to the operating system, once in the operating system, go to control panel then to power, Im almost sure the stand by settings are lower then the disk shut down, eg: disk shut down=10 min and stand by=3 min, the stand by setting must be higher then the disk shut off.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks

Ray

Toronto, Canada 

Monday, January 7, 2008 7:46 PM

All replies

•  

Could be many things really, fauly sensor, fans or heatsink etc.

Now im not pointing any fingers here but ....

Could also be location of the unit say if it not got allot of ventallation space around it or near to a heat source.

Seen as though you have just got your server ( im assuming you mean literally) then i would back up data to an external HDD and send the unit back to HP or return to the store.

Hope you get a working server up ans running soon.

Regards

RB

Sunday, January 6, 2008 3:02 PM
  •  PMDCI wrote:
    Folks,

Regards,
    P.

I pretty sure I know what your problem is, it is your power settings in WHS and you must use remote access to get to the operating system, once in the operating system, go to control panel then to power, Im almost sure the stand by settings are lower then the disk shut down, eg: disk shut down=10 min and stand by=3 min, the stand by setting must be higher then the disk shut off.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks

Ray

Toronto, Canada 

Monday, January 7, 2008 7:46 PM
  •  psychopuppy wrote:

Ray,

Thank you for your message. The fact that I *DID* play with the power settings and you picked that up made me think that you might as wlel have a good point. However, I haven't experienced this problem since my first post.

I had both the hard drive and the standby settings at 1 hour, and the monitor turn off (there is no monitor, btw) at 15 min. I dediced to change the HD power off to 45 min and leave the stand by to 1 hour; as per your post.

I'll check latter to see if there is any weird messages in the Event Viewer! Nevertheless, I don't think this is a normal behaviour and this issue might need some attention.

Regards,
    Pedro
    Sunday, January 13, 2008 7:32 PM