Tabs in a Dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• When I look at my crm system I have a "Sales Activity Dashboard" that came with the system.  I notice this dashboard has a collapsible section (or tab) in it.  Does anyone know how I go about creating this functionality on a new dashboard?

Thanks, Dale

Thursday, July 18, 2013 2:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Whenever you create a dashboard, at the first page of the wizard you were asked for the template. Each row if boxes is a section, and it could only be added from this template. You can't add it manually.

My Weblog | My Website

Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:01 PM
  • Sorry, I don't understand.  Do I have to select a specific template?

Thanks, Dale

Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:59 PM
  • When you click on the "New" button, a window opens that asks you about the template and layout of the dashboard. Only there you could select the number of the sections. Otherwhere, I think you can't.

My Weblog | My Website

Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:30 PM
  • Hi there,

What you could do is load the Sales Activity Dashboard and then click on Save As on the ribbon. Give the new dashboard a name and a description. You will then be able to edit your new dashboard and also modify the tab names as you wish.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Roshan

• Proposed as answer by Roshan Mehta Friday, July 19, 2013 8:25 PM
    Friday, July 19, 2013 11:12 AM
  • When I look at my crm system I have a "Sales Activity Dashboard" that came with the system.  I notice this dashboard has a collapsible section (or tab) in it.  Does anyone know how I go about creating this functionality on a new dashboard?

Thanks, Dale

Hi

When you are selecting a dashboard layout, at least in overview dashboards are sections. There are two that kind of layouts.

• Proposed as answer by crm-user-crm Friday, July 19, 2013 12:11 PM
    Friday, July 19, 2013 12:11 PM
  • OK - So I can see how to do that now - thanks.

One other question then, so know I have my dashboard with collapsible tabs and I want to go over 6 charts.  Is there anyway to make the new tabs I add collapsible as well?

Thanks, Dale

Friday, July 19, 2013 5:03 PM
  • I think you can't AFAIK.

My Weblog | My Website

Friday, July 19, 2013 5:24 PM