Looking for DirectX 6 api reference RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody!

First, I apologize if this is not the right forum, I wasn't entirely sure where to ask this and this seemed like the best fit.

I'm currently working on a directx emulator. I know some solutions exist outside, but I'm more interested in seeing if I can implement this myself or not. I'm looking for two things:

The first is an api reference or some kind of function documentation for old directx's specifically DirectX5 to DirectX7 (They all might have the same api, I don't really know). I plan for this to be my TODO list of functions to implement.

The second is an old DirectX programing guide. I intend to use it as a supplementary learning material to the api reference. I hope that by understanding how the api is supposed to be interfaced with I would have a better understanding as to how it's supposed to operate.

Any advice on the matter or leads as to where I can find them will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 7:37 PM

All replies

• You could see the archives at Microsoft DirectX SDKs
    Tuesday, July 7, 2020 7:59 PM
  • Hi Neil,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

In addition to Castorix31’s suggestion, you can also start a new thread on Stack Overflow tagged directx where you will get a more professional help. Thanks for your understanding.

If you have other issues about Visual Studio General Questions in the future, please feel free to post in this forum.

Hoping everything goes well.

Sincerely,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 6:02 AM