Question RRS feed

• Question

• If I have the paid version of OneCare 1.5 and I downloaded the 2.0 would it be smart enough at the end of the beta to recongize that I have paid for the OneCare and give me the paid version free?

Saturday, July 14, 2007 2:24 PM

Answers

• There is really no such thing as a paid version of One Care. What you have purchased is a one year subscription to One Care services which include the software, product updates and upgrades, malware definition updates and technical support. If at the end of the beta your subscription is still active, your current version of One Care will automatically upgrade to version 2.0. If I have misunderstood your question, please post back.
    Saturday, July 14, 2007 3:29 PM

All replies

• There is really no such thing as a paid version of One Care. What you have purchased is a one year subscription to One Care services which include the software, product updates and upgrades, malware definition updates and technical support. If at the end of the beta your subscription is still active, your current version of One Care will automatically upgrade to version 2.0. If I have misunderstood your question, please post back.
    Saturday, July 14, 2007 3:29 PM
  • One correction to Jim's response.

At the end of the beta you will most likely need to uninstall the beta 2.0 and install the released version of 2.0. That may change, but that was what happened with the 1.5 beta. See the FAQ - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1848280&SiteID=2

-steve

Sunday, July 15, 2007 1:29 AM