Service Calendar - Restrict access to appointment by Owner or Security Role RRS feed

• Question

• System: Dynamics CRM 2011 On Premise

Hi

I am currently using Service Calendar to record details of appointments for a support team. However, I now need to hide the details of service appointments from others outside the group. I have tried using Security Roles but to no avail. No matter what I try I can have either of two situations:

1.  User cannot see any Service Calendar listing at all

2.  User sees details of all appointments.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Monday, September 26, 2011 3:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The only way to restrict users to see onlu their Appointments in service calender is to restrict Actvitity Read Privilege to User Level (If restrict only to Users) or Business Unit level (if restrict to a group user or Department) in Security Role Core Records Tab.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Monday, September 26, 2011 4:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Gerard Holohan Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:01 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 4:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The only way to restrict users to see onlu their Appointments in service calender is to restrict Actvitity Read Privilege to User Level (If restrict only to Users) or Business Unit level (if restrict to a group user or Department) in Security Role Core Records Tab.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Monday, September 26, 2011 4:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Gerard Holohan Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:01 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 4:53 PM
  • Thanks. That was it. Forgot that Dynamics can be a bit quirky about entity names etc

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:01 AM