2 Printer senero RRS feed

• General discussion

• I got two printers I was pretty amazed at how WLOC 2.0 print & file sharing handled it all though nothing happened till I established a wloc Circle then the Printer Sharing was setup.

Both Printers are usb on my Hub computer and it shared it with the second pc perfectly no issues

Friday, July 20, 2007 5:02 PM

All replies

• Thanks, Mikro. I haven't tried the printer sharing features yet, so this sounds very good.

-steve

Friday, July 20, 2007 6:18 PM
  • It setup when I installed wloc 2.0 the drivers to my dvd printer and my HP were sent to the second computer as soon as I restarted windows popped up asking which printer I wanted to be default and a quick setup and I was up and running what was cool both printer management software by the respective brands launched. I just re hid those like I do on my vista computer.

I'm still amazed at the fact this is all being done Cross platform Vista and XP I've never seen this kind of connectivity between my computers. I keep finding new stuff thru wloc circle and the printer/file sharing. this is insane for me.

Friday, July 20, 2007 6:28 PM
  • Glad you liked it.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

This really made the day for the entire feature team. We really appreciate it.

Thanks

Neeraj

Saturday, July 21, 2007 2:50 AM
  • Neeraj,

Was this feature added specifically to solve the issues created by all the various differences that exist between the supported platforms and networking devices, including subnets?

It seemed apparent that many of the problems that occured with sharing and the original versions of the OneCare firewall were actually weaknesses within and between Windows versions themselves, aggravated further by the multiple subnet designs included in some routers. It appears to me that you've turned this into a strength for OneCare in that you've simplified this annoying operation well beyond just fixing the original issue.

OneCareBear

Saturday, July 21, 2007 5:54 AM