Where can I find V5.0.15 of the Microsoft CRM 2011 SDK? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I've been looking all around to find the V5.0.15 of the Microsoft CRM 2011 SDK.  Every links I found got me to the V5.0.18 download link (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24004) .  We're still at Rollup 13 so I need the SDK V5.0.15 files. 

I've look on the Msdn, CustomerSource, CRM and MS Support sites with no luck.  Can anyone help me locate the older SDK version (V5.0.15) files?

Thanks!

Patrick - Senior DBA

Monday, February 10, 2014 5:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Patrick,
    CRM 2011 SDK is backward compatible, this means you can use the latest SDK to develop also against instances not updated to the latest rollup, only need to pay attention to don't use functionalities introduced with an higher rollup.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Monday, February 10, 2014 7:31 PM
  • Hi,

I would have accepted your answer but there's one one little sentence in the V5.0.18 KB that's bugging me.  It states that the assemblies were updated to reflect RU15 changes.  So, from what I understand, the V5.0.18 contains the RU15 assemblies, not RU13 which I looking for...

Patrick - Senior DBA

Monday, February 10, 2014 11:07 PM
  • As I wrote before the CRM 2011 SDK is backward compatible, the phrase you found about RU15 is of course correct, but the meaning is that if you develop against a RU15 instance you need to use (at least) the 5.0.18 SDK if you want to use all the features (eventually) introduced.

I make an example:
    With RU12 was introduced a new message called "ExecuteMultipleRequest", this message is availiable only on CRM 2011 UR12+ instances, and to take advantage of this message you need to use at least the SDK shipped with UR12 (I don't recall now the exact revision number) but I can use the latest SDK and use the message because the SDK is backward compatible. But it is necessary to pay attention to don't execute this message on instances not updated yet to UR12.

So you can use the 5.0.18 assemblies with your RU13 CRM instance.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:54 AM