Photo Share Problem RRS feed

• Question

•  So I have picutres placed into the WHS folder, movies in the Video folder.  Both Photos and Video sharing is enabled under the WHS -> Console -> Settings Screen. When I use my XBOX 360 it see both folders. Great! Everything works in the Video just fine. However the Photo share only shows 3 of the 8 sub folders that are actually in it. And when you drill into those folders it only displays a couple sub folders. On top of that it doesnt display any picutres in any of the folders it does find. A couple folders have some AVI's in them which it displays and when I go into a folder that has nothing it has a water mark kind of effect on the background that says no videos to display or some such.

Seems that the Photo share is acting like its a Video share but I cant find any way to make it behave properly?

Anyone have any thoughts? When I setup my WHS I just put the pictures in the default Photos share. Didnt custome create or modify anything.
    Saturday, November 22, 2008 10:33 PM

All replies

• Itlan said:

So I have picutres placed into the WHS folder, movies in the Video folder.  Both Photos and Video sharing is enabled under the WHS -> Console -> Settings Screen. When I use my XBOX 360 it see both folders. Great! Everything works in the Video just fine. However the Photo share only shows 3 of the 8 sub folders that are actually in it. And when you drill into those folders it only displays a couple sub folders. On top of that it doesnt display any picutres in any of the folders it does find. A couple folders have some AVI's in them which it displays and when I go into a folder that has nothing it has a water mark kind of effect on the background that says no videos to display or some such.

Seems that the Photo share is acting like its a Video share but I cant find any way to make it behave properly?

Anyone have any thoughts? When I setup my WHS I just put the pictures in the default Photos share. Didnt custome create or modify anything.

What are the image types you are trying to view through the XBox 360 (jpg, bmp, tif, etc)?
    Sunday, November 23, 2008 1:05 AM
  •  The streaming server software built into Windows Home server is Windows media Connect 2.0. It doesn't really distinguish between different types of media that it can stream, so having multiple media types in a folder means that you'll see all of them in your media device. As for the files that aren't showing up, is it possible that you have some files that contain codecs that Windows Media Connect can't understand? Remember, .avi is just a container...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, November 23, 2008 3:57 PM