none
Two different profiles on mine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

There are two different profiles created for me. Below are the names of both profiles

One is Ankit Himmatlal Shah and the other is Ankit_Shah

Please merge them into Ankit Himmatlal Shah with sum of the points.

• Moved by Brent Serbus Saturday, July 16, 2011 2:05 AM profile (From:Forums Issues (not product support))
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 1:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ankit,

Thank you for your post ! Unfortunately, we cannot merge two forum accounts.

Have a great day !

Shrikant Maske, Tier 2 Application Support, Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 6:11 AM
  • Hi Ankit,

Thank you for your post ! Unfortunately, we cannot merge two forum accounts.

Have a great day !

Shrikant Maske, Tier 2 Application Support, Server and Tools Online Operations Team

However, you can change your email address on your favorite account. See here how to do that:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/how-to-request-your-email-or-live-id-changed-on-an-msdn-or-technet-profile.aspx

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Friday, September 30, 2011 10:32 PM
    Owner
  • And that's too bad! I think you need to be able to do this and bump this request in the priority queue.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 6:02 AM
  • It's on the backlog to investigate further. Some things that are getting in the way of implementation:

• It's not a simple thing to implement merge. The profile and recognition systems are actually lously coupled independant solutions and we have an increasing number of downstream applications onboarded to both profile and recognition. To do merge right, we need a solution that works through our entire environment.
    • We only receive a handful of merge requests a month, I'm not sure I have data that supports the amount of work this will take to implement.
    • It starts to open up concepts of people "selling" or pooling their recognition to other members in the community providing false or shifting reputations.

Anyway, it's not that it's out of the question to implement, there is just more work to do before we'd green light implementation.

Monday, October 3, 2011 4:39 AM